Monday, March 30, 2015

Invitations - Social anxiety nightmare

Getting an invitation in the mail is so exciting! The birthday parties, weddings, baby showers, and other holiday events can be so much fun. But with social anxiety each invitation is a true test. 

This weekend we had an invitation to a friend's Easter egg hunt, so much fun! I was looking forward to it. Reid was so excited to go and Emmy was just excited about her new basket. 

I woke up early Saturday morning full of worry. There was the usual: what was I going to wear? What were the kids going to wear? Would they match? The usual. But then started the anxiety questions. What if I don't know anyone? What if they judge me? What if they talk to me and I am a stumbling bumbling idiot? What if I sweat and they don't understand and think I'm just the weird sweating girl? Oh dear goodness the questions just didn't end. 

After a quick morning nap, I was up all night from insomnia, I decided to push past the fear and enjoy this fun event with the kids. 

Of course my clothes were dirty but I didn't let this sidetrack me and I was able to find a simple outfit, pulled my hair in a ponytail and off I went. 

And guess what?! I was ok!!! 


I knew a couple people and the rest I let Shawn talk to, Mr. Social! The kids had a great time and Emmy found her first egg. After a fun hunt we left and went back for nap time. I passed out from exhaustion from anxiety. We all slept over 3 hours!



0 comments:

Post a Comment