Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pink Ruffle Blanket


 When I first found out that my best friend was going to have her 4th child I was beyond excited! I love making blankets for babies and this one was going to be very special. However bestie is one of those old soul folks who doesn't like to find out the sex of the baby. These people confuse us planners! Man I couldn't wait the 20 weeks with both my kiddos. I HAD to know ASAP! But I accepted this, however I begged to see the ultrasound pictures in hopes I could catch a glimpse of the nub for the nub theory or even look at the shape of their forehead. (Oh people you just wait for my post about different theories of gender!) However I didn't know and I waited. In the mean time I made a lot of blankets but as soon as I found out it was a girl I busted out my best advanced skills!

I love how this blanket turned out. It was a simple repetitive pattern in the I Love This Yarn Rosy Pink. One single crochet and one half double crochet. The body of the blanket took me 2 evenings of prime time TV. The ruffles on the other hand. BOY HOWDY!! There is over 800 yards of white yarn around this blanket. Phew! It took me over a week to finish the border. But it was so worth it.

It is a special blanket for a very special little girl. I can't wait to meet you Lauren Marie!



0 comments:

Post a Comment