Friday, April 24, 2015

Finer Family Brain Dump

I have a lot on my mind and just want to get it all out there.....

First of all this week was a long week. I'm not sure why just way. Had a lot of things to do for a lot of people. Thankful it's Friday. Although as a mom a Friday feels like any other day. 

Today was Shawn's last day of work for 2.5 months. It's weird. The last time he was home for this long was the time he was unemployed. It makes me think back to that time. It was such a difficult time in our lives. Transitioning to married life, getting settled in our new house, dealing with anxiety etc. If I learned one thing from that experience it was not to take it for granted. Although Shawn will be recovering from surgery we are going to treasure this time together! 


Tonight we had crazy weather. The news has been talking about tornados and severe weather all week. Being me I had our "shelter" in the bathroom ready all 3 days. Overkill? Yes!! Today when we were put under a Tornado Watch I giggled because let's face it I have lost faith in the weathermen. Temporarily that is!! 😜 I went ahead and put the board up over the window and got things ready. We took our car over to my parents garage just incase there was hail. When I came home I put the kids in bed and went to watch the weather with Shawn. Immediately they started talking about the severe storm in Tarrant County. It wasn't 5 minutes later that the sky turned green. I've always heard about the pea green. It was weird. Then they news said they were issuing a Tornado Warning for the TCU area and around Hulen Mall. We got the kids and the cat in the bathroom and waited it out. Thankfully we didn't have any damage or loss of power. We did have an 80mph wind gust here. Yikes!! Thank goodness I had the storm shelter ready! 


This just made me laugh! I love looking at all the funny things on Pinterest and sharing them with friends! And it makes my day when friends send them to me. Seriously it's that simple. 


And another!!!! Haha those scary tomatoes. 


I am really bummed about this Blue Bell ice cream recall. It's scary yes but honestly I don't think the loyal ice cream eaters will not go back to eating it. I will! Haha It's such a summer staple. There's nothing better than ice cream on a hot Texas summer day! 


I got my hair done! Added a little blonde back. I love my natural hair but just couldn't explain some of my thoughts! Need an excuse! Plus it's just "me" to have blonde hair. Here I am cooking. 

Alright. That is all! 



0 comments:

Post a Comment