Friday, April 24, 2015

Bruce Jenner Interview - opinion


Like all the other millions of people I was very excited to see what this interview was all about. I have been a Kardashian fan for a long time. I have a deep respect for Bruce. He's an amazing athlete and from all I can tell a very good dad. This interview touched some really deep feeling about this that I didn't know I had. 

I will admit as much as anyone watching I had no idea where this was going to go. Would he come out saying he's a woman and cross dress throughout? At first I wondered if this was a publicity stunt and Diane Sawyer said many had the same question. But when you really look at his eyes you know it's for real. This would be a pretty elaborate stunt, even for a Kardashian/Jenner. 

Looking back at his Olympic journey he was so masculine and embodied everything you think of when you see a male athlete. Large muscles, masculine features and you almost can see the testosterone pouring out of him. It's baffling that he felt like a woman inside even in such a masculine body. 

Throughout the interview it felt like he was getting happier and happier talking about his new self ...her. It was like a weight was being lifted off his shoulders. He felt free. Free from this secret he had been hiding for 60 years. Imagine that feeling? 

I have respect for his doing this interview. He didn't have to. But unfortunately with our lives today with social media, paparazzi, and reality tv there really wasn't any way to hide it from the world. His whole journey is documented in photos and film. I can't imagine having my every move captured on film. For instance when he was in that horrific deadly car accident and the paparazzi were there filming the whole thing. Have some respect people! 


I personally do not understand this gender identity / transgender thing nor will I ever. I do however feel it is a real thing and with so many people going through it it need to be talked about and accepted more. A doctor said she has had patients as young as 18 months know they were born in the wrong body....that's Emmy's age. 

As a Christian it does say in the Bible that a man shouldn't dress in women's clothing.  Like the doctor said in the interview, it obviously was happening back then because they had to say don't do it. Seriously though, why does it matter if he wears woman's clothing? Imaging if we were were all blind. We wouldn't have ANY idea if we were wearing girls or boys clothes. Would it matter then?

I am baffled (although not much I guess) about how many people out there are judging Bruce. As well as other transgender people. We judge because it is weird and different. I am guilty of judging people, I will admit. But in the end there is only 1 person who can judge a person and that is God. The mean and hurtful things I have read and heard about this make me sick to my stomach. He is a human like you and me and deserves respect. You might not agree with his decisions but he/she still has feelings and a soul. 

I do swing towards the more conservative side of the spectrum in my life and life choices. But in all reality I may be one of the most open people when it comes to different lifestyles. I grew up with a family member who was gay. I actually didn't realize he was until I was older. I just thought it was normal to have 2 uncles. I loved them both equally. Some of our closest friends are lesbians. I always forget this because they are just our dear friends. I hate labeling people like that. It's not fair. 

I think it's amazing that his children are there to support him through this. I can't imagine how hard it was for him to share with his family. He's lucky to have their support and understanding. It would be hard for anyone to hear that after so long things would change. But I think it's better now that they are adults rather than when they were children. 

All in all it was a very good interview. Opened my eyes to his life and transition into being a woman. Of course there are a million questions running through my head but most will never be answered and that ok. 








0 comments:

Post a Comment