Monday, May 25, 2015

Monday Mash-up

I will get to my review on the Bachelorette tomorrow morning since I am a bad fan and didn't watch it. BUT have no fear I was watching The Royals full season with dear hubby. He wouldn't watch it all season and then after the finale he watched one episode and was hooked. Love it! 

This weekend went by so fast. In fact it's actually not the weekend today. However it was Memorial Day so i guess it is the weekend. Nevermind!  This pretty much sums up the weekend! 

First I would like to take a second to remember that this weekend isn't about bbqs and picnics or the Colonial. It's about the brave men and women who fight for our freedom. I can't imagine being in their shoes. I will never be that strong. They are amazing people and for them I proudly raise the American flag and am proud of this wonderful country. 


It pretty much has been raining for the entire month of May and this weekend wasn't much different. Thankfully Saturday my parents were able to get in from Colorado before the storms hit. I can't believe the rain. I am not ready to say "please stop raining" because then it will be 100 degrees. I'm not ready! 

We went and had dinner at my parents tonight. It was fun eating a ton of food and having a couple gin and tonics. My parents got the kiddos a mini cupcake for  dessert. Here is what happened with Miss E! It was everywhere, but she was happy! 

I finished 2 blankets this weekend. One for Shawn and another for a friend who is having a baby. I started another for a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer. I am hoping a bright warm blanket will help bring comfort to her recovery. 


In 2 days Shawn will have his next surgery. Although we know what to expect knowing what to expect is making us nervous. Thankfully he only has 2 hips so this will be his last replacement! Haha I crack myself up! I'll update on his progress after surgery. I shall leave you with a funny! 






0 comments:

Post a Comment