Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wacky Wednesday

Today was the day I've been dreading since September 1...summer break. HA! Yes today was the last day of 3s for Reid. I cannot believe how much he has grown. It baffles me. At the beginning of the year he was still very quiet and hate to say this a little behind on a few things. Now he's calling out letters, spelling names, knows his colors and can write his own name. Is he a genius!? Nope! But he's hilarious, pationate and all boy! 

Here he is the first day and the last day and a picture with his teachers.  He's actually going to miss going to school as much as I will miss sending him! Kid only missed 3 days of school (MWF) this whole year! 


Other happenings around the homestead. Shawn is doing wonderfully on his road to recovery from his first hip replacement. In 1 week he will have the other hip replaced. We will once again be hibernating this weekend to stay healthy and spend as much time as a family before daddy is immobile for a few weeks.
 


Emmy was suppose to have tubes put in her ears yesterday but over the weekend she got the crud. I didn't feel it would be ok to put her under any type of anesthesia with this horrible cough and fever. We will reschedule it in a few weeks. Tomorrow she has her 18 month appointment. She's been hilarious lately and will do anything to make you laugh! 


Tonight was the finale of Survivor! I'm hoping this next season I will do a weekly recap like I am for the Bachelorette and will be for Big Brother. I was thrilled with how tonight turned out. My favorite from day 1, Mike, won!!! Good ole Texas oil man!! They announced the next cast and I am beyond thrilled!! Can't wait. 

Sooooo I did something absolutely crazy! I'm so not the one to party, get drunk and do random things. Not that there is anything wrong with that but I would prefer to stay home with my cat, a glass of wine and do a puzzle. Well that being said I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately and yesterday when Shawn and I had a day date so I decided to be a little crazy. On a Tuesday afternoon I walked into a tattoo parlor and got a tattoo. WTH!!! I have wanted a tattoo since college but never did it. I was looking on Pinterest and found the perfect one. It represents me in so many ways. It's simple, kind of artsy and a love of mine. Plus it's in remembrance of George, my beloved cat. My mother in law did remind me that most people get their children's names on them rather than a pet, but y'all know I have such a passion for cats and animals this is so fitting! This is by far the craziest thing I have ever done. And it will probably be another 10 years until I do it again, if ever, because this hurt like hell. Haha! My parents are going to freak out. Even at 32 I am still scared of my parents. But it's there...no turning back now. 


That's about it!! Bring on summer!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment